In my Sunday morning worship services, midweek service studies and organizational talks, I will often talk about the importance of having a Christian worldview.
What is it?
Let’s take a brief look:
- Your foundation. A Christian worldview must be based on Scripture, and not people’s opinion. Scripture is absolute. Peoples opinion changes.
A Christian worldview is seeing the world based on the infallible, inerrant, eternal Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:16 tells us:
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Right and wrong … True and false … Good and evil.
These are reality. But the world calls this truth intolerant, divisive and hateful.
- Your actions. You know God cares that we follow what is right and do what is true. Before the eternal and living God we must prioritize our life, our values, and our choices.
As God’s Word tells us in Micah 6:8:
He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly,
to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
- Your witness. We are salt and light. The world is rotten and dark. We must be ambassadors for Christ and truth.
Christians are salt and light in the home. With friends. At work. In the community.
And that includes politics.
- Your prayers. God wants us to be a people of prayer. He desires that all men pray everywhere (1 Timothy 2:8) including politics and government. We are to pray for our leaders (see 1 Timothy 2:1-3).
- Your outreach. God wants us to engage the culture with good works … and that includes helping transform our culture, including the political world.
- Your knowing political and cultural news. It means voting. It means donating time and resources. It means working on a campaign for a candidate running for office.
If we don’t engage the culture in politics, we give up the fight for righteousness and justice.
- Finally, your love for God. Are you in the Word daily? Do you pray daily? Do you walk the walk or just talk the talk? God searches the heart of you and me (See Jeremiah 17:10).
Note: Interested in Craig speaking at your worship service or mid-week service on this? The following cover a Christian worldview:
- How to Have Joy in Times of Persecution (See sample flyer here)
- How to Hope When Your World is Upside down (See sample flyer here)
- 12 Shocking Dangers Impacting… You and Your Family… Your Church and Christians…. and Religious Freedom
Call us at 310-212-5727 or write to [email protected] for instructions.