As you may know, my 29-year-old son was shot 5 times by 3 gang members in an attempted robbery last March…
I wanted to give you an update on Cory’s current condition.
First, thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement. It has meant so much to Cory … and to our entire family.
Here are 8 things I want you to know.
- Yes, it’s a miracle. It’s a miracle he’s alive. It’s a miracle he’s progressing so fast. It’s only because of God’s mercy and grace – and people praying like yourself.
- He recently underwent surgery to reattach some muscles in his upper chest. This is the only additional surgery he has had, and it doesn’t look like any others will be needed. Two bullets that are still in his body – one in his hip, the other in his shoulder blade – are going to stay. They are not going to remove them.
- This has been a very traumatic experience for Cory, emotionally and psychologically, as well as physically … as you can imagine. So, please continue to pray for complete and total healing.
- Cory is working out almost daily … and he has been driving now for many months. He is just now recovered enough to apply for work. Pray he finds the right job.
- Cory is praying about going to Calvary Chapel Bible College in Murrietta. He is also looking at other options as well.
- Pray that God will give Cory wisdom regarding making the right decisions for his future calling and direction.
- Because of the incredible generous donations from readers, Cory has been able to keep current with his bills and not have to work while he is recovering. His money will be running out very shortly. We are all so very grateful of you who donated and helped financially. It was so awesome … and so badly needed. Thank you for your sacrifices!
- Let me update you on the 3 kids involved in the shooting and attempted robbery. Two of them spent 10 days in jail and then they were released. The Harbor Division police officers felt this was dangerous to the school and community to let the kids go. The shooter that attempted to kill my son was caught in July and is in Juvenile Hall. He is 16. There have been multiple court hearings and delays by his defense. On December 7th, the prosecution will be serving a motion to try the shooter as an adult. He’s a registered gang member and has prior convictions. Pray that justice will be served.
We give God the praise and glory for all He has done and is doing.
I will continue to update you in January.
Thanks for your prayers.
Questions or comments? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Deep State Bureaucratic Fraud: 4 Disturbing Facts about the Climate Report You’re Not Being Told [Videos]
- Shocking Results of the 2018 Election: 12 Things You Need to Know [FREE webinar]
- Shocking Planned Parenthood Ad: “She Deserves to Be a Choice” Means She Deserves to Be Killed [Videos]
- A Major League Pitcher and a Plumber: Living for Christ Both On and Off the Field
- Help Transform Our Culture and Politics: Attend My Advanced Marketing Boot Camp
- Student Loan Debt Bomb: 3 Shocking Truths about How the Government Caused a Crisis – and is Making it Worse