The hymn “Amazing Grace” was written as a poem in 1772 by John Newton, an Anglican Priest in Olney, England.
It wasn’t set to the tune we now sing until 60 years later – in America.
Andy Andrews, a popular Christian author and speaker, tells a humorous story about being asked by his dad – a church music director – to sing “Amazing Grace” during a church service when he was a young boy.
Watch and listen to the funny story and to the 3 different tunes young Andy sings in church (4 minutes):
What do you think? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Heads Spin: President Trump’s New Religious Freedom Rules Stop Christian Discrimination and Government Bigotry Against Christians
- Kobe: Death and Tears – 7 Things You Should Know
- Help Me Defeat the “Blue Tsunami” This Year
- The Escalating War Against the Deep State Panics the Media and Politicians: 12 Shocking Disclosures of the FBI/CIA/DOJ Cover-Up and Abuse of Power [What Every Christian Must Know]
- Voter Guides Available Next Week
- Kansas City Chiefs Head to First Super Bowl in 50 Years: CEO Gives Glory to God