It took place during this year’s “Passion Conference” with an awesome lineup of speakers.
The students were encouraged to unleash the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives and go out and change the world by demonstrating the love of Christ and making a difference…
Tim Tebow shared parts of his personal testimony during a sit-down interview on stage, and talked about how important it is to give a 100% effort in everything we do.
He said that as Christians, we witness every day … and that occasionally we use words…
But people won’t listen to what we have to say unless they see something different in our external behavior and lifestyle.
Passion Conferences is a Christian organization founded in 1997 by Louie Giglio, pastor of Passion City Church in Atlanta.
During the conference, students were encouraged to refuse to stand by and do nothing … they were given the opportunity to contribute to 3 causes…
Here’s what they did in 3 days:
- They gave $103,623 to provide Scripture to the unreached people of North Korea through Voice of the Martyrs Korea.
- They provided funds for 2,737 backpacks for the children of Houston affected by Hurricane Harvey
- They provided sponsorship for 3,406 children through Make History Together.
Here is a 3 ½-minute video summary of the Passion 2018 conference:
You can access all of the amazing talks given by the speakers at Passion 2018 here:
Here are just a couple of the highlights from Tebow’s story:
- He began etching “Phil. 4:13” into his eye black under his eyes before the 3rd football game of his junior year at the University of Florida.
- For the final 2 games of that season – the SEC championship game and the national NCAA championship game – he felt led by the Lord to change the Bible verse reference to “John 3:16.”
- During the national championship game, 94 million people googled “John 3:16” on the internet.
Tebow pointed out that you never know what God will do through you if you are willing to step out with just a little bit of faith and dare to be just a little bit different from the rest of the crowd.
Listen to Tim Tebow’s interview with Louie Giglio at the link below. It’s 27 ½ minutes long – the first few minutes are small talk about college football and Tim Tebow’s football resume…the meat of Tebow’s inspiring message begins at the 7:22 mark:
Beginning at the 15:00 mark of the interview, Tebow describes the amazing things that happened exactly 3 years after that national championship college football game … when he put “John 3:16” under his eyes before the NFL playoff game between the Denver Broncos and the Pittsburg Steelers. Listen to find out…
What do you think? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org