The “Criminalizing Christianity” bill has already been passed by the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives.
It’s called the Equality Act or H.R. 5 … and it’s the most dangerous bill ever to be proposed at the federal level.
Select Senators are being targeted by the bill’s promoters to make sure it also passes in the Senate.
Let me explain…
1. What it is.
The legislation is being described as an anti-LGBTQ discrimination bill…
That may sound like a good thing … but by revising the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to grant federal civil rights protections to the LGBTQ+ community, the Equality Act gives LGBTQ+ values supremacy over heterosexuality … and over a Biblical world view.
Those who claim non-traditional sexual orientations – and those who identify as non-biological genders – will be required by law to be treated as protected classes.
2. What it will do.
The Equality Act will prohibit discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation and gender identity in areas such as:
- public accommodations and facilities
- federal funding
- the jury system
- … and more
The bill also will expand the definition of public accommodations to include all places or establishments that provide:
- gatherings or displays
- anything that gives accommodations for goods, services or programs
- all forms of transportation
3. It will define Christians as “haters.”
The Equality Act will turn any recognition of the differences between the sexes – or any preference for traditional sexual morality – into actionable “hate.”
It will prohibit an individual from being denied access to shared facilities including restrooms, locker rooms and dressing rooms that are in accordance with the individual’s gender identity.
The new standard of discrimination will be based on the concept that “gender identity” is in one’s head … and that it has nothing to do with biology…
The Equality Act says that each individual must be treated according to the sex he or she thinks or feels he or she is at any moment … or face the full force of this retaliatory law.
4. Christians will be targeted for criminal prosecution in federal court.
The law will allow the Department of Justice to intervene in “equal protection” (14th Amendment) actions in federal court regarding alleged sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination.
When lies are made into laws, people get hurt…
The bill implies that biology is meaningless and that the only thing that matters is what each person thinks or feels about their sexuality at any moment.
It codifies into law that if you believe biology determines gender identity, you’re a bigot – tantamount to being a member of the Ku Klux Klan – who must be harassed and persecuted and shut out of society for your beliefs.
5. Tolerance will be demanded for everyone except Christians.
If this bill becomes law, freedom of religious expression will end in America.
- Christian doctors and hospitals will be forced to perform sex-change operations.
- Churches will be forced to host gay weddings and to hire and accommodate every possible gender identity.
- Christian schools will be forced to hire LGBTQ+ teachers … and teach LGBTQ+ beliefs and values as normal and God-ordained.
- Christian businesses will be forced to create designs, artwork and symbols celebrating LGBTQ+ lifestyles and values.
The government will become the new “morality police,” dictating to churches and other faith-based institutions who they can hire and how their facilities must be used…
And they will be prosecuted if they don’t fall lock-step into a view of human sexuality that directly contradicts orthodox biblical teaching.
It will also criminalize parents who believe in and teach their children traditional values regarding sex and gender.
6. But wait … there’s more…
In addition, the Equality Act will:
- Allow men to access woman’s bathrooms … and women to use men’s bathrooms
- Allow children to choose their “gender identity” … and even change their bodies without parental consent
- Allow transgenders to compete in women’ sports, ruining women’s sports competition
The bill will also require doctors to affirm a child’s gender confusion. This means doctors could be forced to perform double mastectomies on healthy 13-year-old girls who feel like they are boys…
And pediatric endocrinologists will have to provide hormone blockers like Lupron to kids experiencing gender dysphoria … or be charged with discrimination.
Disagreement on important moral and biological issues is not discrimination…
But the Equality Act turns intellectual and moral debate into “hate” punishable by both state and federal governments.
7. The Equality Act changes everything.
The Equality Act is not just an attack on heterosexuality … it is also an attack on homosexuality.
Think about the ramifications of erasing all gender distinctions. If you erase gender:
- You erase women, because gender is important to the women’s empowerment movement.
- You erase gays, because gender is important to gays.
- You erase lesbians, because gender is important to lesbians.
- You erase heterosexuals, because gender is important to relationships between people of opposite sexes
This is why many gay and lesbian activist groups are opposed to the bill. They see the ramifications of the legislation more fully and accurately than do most.
8. The Equality Act will overturn the First Amendment.
This bill is the most dangerous assault on freedom of speech and freedom of religion ever proposed on a national level.
It’s an all-out assault on parental rights, on the family, on the church, and on millions of Christians and people of faith all across America. It dictates that faith must be confined to the mind alone … and not be applied to actions or behaviors.
Note that there is no religious exemption in this bill.
Almost no institution or person of faith – Christian, Muslim, or otherwise – will escape the reach of this draconian law if it passes in the Senate and is signed into law by a progressive, non-Christian president.
9. The Equality Act must be stopped. It must not be allowed to pass the Senate.
Key Republican Senators are being targeted and subjected to immense pressure to compromise their moral beliefs about gender identity.
Huge money is pouring into advertising and marketing to these Senators…
Socialist and progressive organizations are using the most advanced digital marketing techniques and strategies…
This is why we need your support.
10. Please sign our petition to help stop this horrible, ill-conceived legislation.
Please also contact the two U.S. Senators representing your state and urge them to vote against this terrible bill. Give them your reasons why this legislation would destroy the First Amendment – and America as we’ve known it for 230 years.
There are a number of different ways to contact U.S. Senators. Here’s a web site that lists all 100 U.S. Senators alphabetically. Find your senators and click on their names. You will be sent to their individual web sites where you can find their email addresses, phone numbers and other information. Click here to get started.
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Impeachment: What Is It and When Should It Happen? 6 Things You Should Know [Videos]
- Recycling Grace: Grace and Mercy Triumph Over Mistakes and Judgment [Videos]
- Transforming the 2020 Election: How You Can Help Change History (I’m Not Kidding)
- Watch My Latest Interview on the Brad Dacus Radio Show [Video]
- …. And Finally… Motorcyclist Who “Identifies” as Bicyclist Sets World Cycling Record…