The U.K. All Party Parliamentary Group has released a report listing the 10 countries in the world that offer the least amount of religious freedom.
The countries all violate Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which is the section of the declaration protecting religious liberty.
The 10 countries in the report are:
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
It’s surprising to see the United Kingdom listed as the third worst country in the world for religious freedom. But remember, the country has been incredibly hostile to Biblical Values including even free speech.
The report stated that nearly 80% of the world’s population lives in countries with “high” or “very high” levels of restrictions on religious freedom.
Here are a few of the “lowlights” of the report:
- In Eritrea, “there are credible reports of female Christian prisoners being beaten on their wombs, allegedly to prevent them from bearing children.”
- In Egypt, ISIS has killed or injured hundreds of Coptic Christians, and the Egyptian government has refused to approve licenses to build Christian churches.
- In the U.K., Muslim attacks have increased.
- In Russia, they have outlawed evangelism, witnessing, even house Bible studies.
- Muslims and atheists are being arrested and sometimes killed in Saudi Arabia.
- Christians are being arrested and killed in Iran.
The report did not mention Nigeria, North Korea or Syria, even though known persecution of Christians is occurring.
What do you think? Write me at [email protected]