As we see our society becoming more secular—a post-Christian society—we see cultural “Christian” values slipping, too:
- There is a growing number of “Nones”, men and women with no religious affiliation or faith.
- The media has taken on an overtly anti-Christian bent
- The schools teach the kids to be secular and oppose Christian values.
True Christianity is being marginalized.
But even though society shifts, Biblical truth does not.
But some pastors and Christian authorities are not standing firm for the Gospel and Biblical truth.
They are conforming to the world instead of God’s Word.
Consider these examples.
- Christian author Glennon Doyle Melton announced that she is dating Abby Wambacy.
- Another Christian writer, Elizabeth Gilbert is also dating her female best friend.
- Jen Hatmaker has announced with her husband Brandon that they support same-sex marriage.
- Evangelical leaders like Richard Cizik, Dr. David Gushee, and Randy Thomas signaled their support for the Supreme Court’s gay marriage ruling in 2015, too.
Many churches are now affirming same-sex marriage, homosexuality, and transgenderism, as well as opening weddings, baby dedications, and ordination into ministry regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
However, no matter what is happening, popularity cannot be the final test for truth.
Of course, proponents of same-sex marriage claim that this is a new step on the arch towards progress.
Actually, same-sex “marriages” have been around since the ancient Greeks and Romans. Emperors routinely “married” male lovers, for example.
Same-sex marriage was eventually outlawed as the new Christian ethic emerged, one which welcomed sex only within the confines of marriage between one man and one woman.
Then as now, Christians have been counter-cultural, standing up to a world given away to sin and shame. Christians must not settle, but rather speak out, share the Gospel, and stand for Biblical truth.
Let me know what you think. Email me at email@example.com.