This Election 2018 Ventura County Voter Guide will help you cut through the rhetoric, election propaganda and biased media coverage of the campaigns. This guide ranks every aspect of a candidate’s record according to experience, integrity and commitment to community.
Here you’ll find recommendations for:
- California Supreme Court
- Justice, California State Court of Appeal; Second District
- U.S. Senator
- State Controller
- Treasurer; California
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Judges (Click here to learn more)
- And More!
Scroll down for our recommendations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Reality Alert for updates on critical issues, trends and policies affecting our freedoms and are impacting our economy, legislation, culture and election results.
Do you live in another county? Go to the list of counties here.
Let’s get started.
Every candidate is considered after thorough research; we also have a questionnaire for candidates to complete.
Here is our rating system:
- : The best candidate. Our strongest endorsement.
- : Very good.
- : Acceptable.
- : Vote only to prevent worse candidate(s) from winning.
- : Terrible. Do Not Vote. All your other votes will count.
June 5th, 2018 Primary Election Recommendations
California Supreme Court (Yes/No)
Justice, California State Court of Appeal; Second District (Yes/No)
- Patricia Bigelow: 7 (JI: 7, Q: 7) Yes
- Arthur Gilbert: 7 (JI: 4, Q: 8) No
- Sandy Kriegler: 8 (JI: 7, Q: 8) Yes
- Thomas Willhite: 8 (JI: 7, Q: 8) Yes
- Norman Epstein: 8 (JI: 6, Q: 9) Yes
- Victoria Chavez: 8 (JI: 7, Q: 8) Yes
- Luis A. Lavin: 6 (JI: 3, Q: 7) No
- John Segal: 7 (JI: 4, Q: 8) No
- Martin J. Tangeman: 5 (JI: 4, Q: 7) No
- Lamar W. Baker: 5 (JI: 3, Q: 6) No
- Elwood G. Lui: 7 (JI: 5, Q: 8) No
U.S. Representative, 25th District
- Steve Knight (R): Recommend
- Bryan Caforio (D): Do Not Recommend
- Katie Hill (D): Do Not Recommend
- Michael Masterman-Smith (D): Do Not Recommend
- Jess Pelaez Phoenix (D): Do Not Recommend
U.S. Representative, 30th District
- Mark Reed (R): Recommend
- Brad Sherman (D): Do Not Recommend
- Jon Pelzer (D): Do Not Recommend
- Raji Rab (D): Do Not Recommend
- John Estrada (R): Recommend
- Dianne Feinstein (D): Do Not Recommend
- Kevin de Leon (D): Do Not Recommend
- Erin Cruz (R): Do Not Recommend
- Konstantinos Roditis (R): Recommend
- Betty Yee (D): Do Not Recommend
- Jack M. Guerrero (R): Recommend
- Fiona Ma (D): Do not recommend
- Vivek Viswanathan (D): Do Not Recommend
- Kevin Akin (Peace and Freedom): Do Not Recommend
- Mike Gatto (D): Do Not Recommend
State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Karen Blake (I): Recommend
- Douglas Vigil (I): Do Not Recommend
- Lily Ploski (I): Do Not Recommend
- Tony Thurmond (D): Do Not Recommend
- Marshall Tuck (D): Do Not Recommend
State Assembly, 44th District
- Ronda Baldwin-Kennedy (R): Recommend
- Jacqui Irwin (D): Do Not Recommend
- Robert Zelinsky (D): Do Not Recommend
Attorney General; California
- Steven Bailey (R): 7 (JI: 8, Q: 6) Recommend
- Xavier Becerra (D): 6 (JI: 4, Q: 7) Do Not Recommend
- Eric Early (R): 6 (JI: 6, Q: 6) Do Not Recommend
- Dave Jones (D): 6 (JI: 4, Q: 7) Do Not Recommend