It’s a tragedy for California – really sad.
No Republican running has the:
2) Collected data of potential voters
3) Is able to properly market with a professional digital and targeted direct mail campaign.
4) Get Out the Vote campaign (GOTV)
Without those four elements, their efforts are a waste of time.
This means two very bad candidates will run against each other – Dianne Feinstein and Kevin De Leon.
There are 32 candidates. I know many personally.
For example, Arun Bhumitra, a successful businessman and Herb Peters, a Libertarian Christian and a warrior for liberty running as a Democrat.
Conservatives needed one candidate to get behind to come in #2. They don’t have it.
The top candidates to oppose Feinstein and Kevin De Leon are:
- Tom Palzer is great on the issues and very active in the political process. I rated him a “4” out of 5.
- Erin Cruz is the favorite of the Tea Party and is better than all the others for her energy, enthusiasm, and communication skills. Therefore, I rate her a “5”.
- Paul Taylor is awesome on most of the issues and is trying to bring Christians together. I rate him a “5”.
With all their good intensions and hopes of supporters, any coming close to the #2 would be a miracle. So, in researching candidates, it’s not intelligently “strategically limiting evil” by going with a viable candidate.
So, in this case, we have given Paul Taylor a 5-star rating and endorsement. I wouldn’t have a problem recommending Paul or Erin – and would in a second if they had money to compete.
Here is the current polling the money each candidate has:
|Candidate||Polling (%)||Funds raised ($)|
|Kevin De Leon||8%||$1,006,056|
Incidentally, it would have taken about $800,000 for one of these candidates to come in #2 to take on Feinstein.
Here are the candidate’s ratings on the issues:
Conservative/Biblical Worldview (%)
Liberal/Secular Worldview (%)
|More Government Programs (%)||Less Government Programs (%)|
|Kevin De Leon||0%||100%||88%||12%|