County Commissioner Questionnaire
Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire for County Commissioner
Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, we have conducted election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations and have a voter guide.
Last election cycle we had about 1 million voters following our endorsements.
Besides conducting live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, doing digital ads, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to voters in your district.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed… Giving you a 1 to 5 star rating
- Not endorsed
Refused to disclose position
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- What are the 3 most pressing issues facing your district or county? Please prioritize them. What if anything do you plan to do about them if you are elected? What specific promises will you make to the voters in order to be elected? What will be your primary focus if elected to office?
- What can be done to create new business and encourage existing business to expand and attract more companies with their tax base and employees?
- Do you support efforts to limit “big box” store expansion within your county?
- Do you support or oppose a living wage ordinance for employees and projects? Why or why not?
- Should your county reduce the cost of services by contracting out or privatizing government services such as street sweeping and garbage collection and professional services such as engineering and information technology services? Why or why not?
- Should taxes be raised, lowered or remain the same? What about fees?
- Did you support or oppose eminent domain for projects or redevelopment? Why or why not?
- Who is your political role model or the politician you most admire? Why?
- County’s debt issues?
- How would you handle the city’s pension issues?
- How would you handle school financing?
Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not? If you believe in absolute truth, what is the source of absolute truth? If you do not believe in absolute truth, how do you determine what is true?