This Election 2020 Solano County voter guide will help you cut through the rhetoric, election propaganda and biased media coverage of the campaigns. This guide ranks every aspect of a candidate’s record according to experience, integrity, and commitment to community.
Here you’ll find recommendations for:
- Superior Court Judges
- State Senator
- State Assembly
- City Council
Scroll down for our recommendations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Huey Report for updates on critical issues, trends and policies affecting our freedoms and are impacting our economy, legislation, culture and election results.
Let’s get started.
Ratings: Every candidate is considered after thorough research; we also have a questionnaire for candidates to complete. Here is our rating system:
- : The best candidate. Our strongest endorsement.
- : Very good.
- : Acceptable.
- : Vote only to prevent worse candidate(s) from winning.
- : Terrible. Do Not Vote. All your other votes will count.
Click here for new policy for write-in candidates.
To get an understanding of why we recommend the propositions the way we do, I have created a short video reviewing each proposition and the reasons why we say yes or no, along with some other detail you should find interesting. You can watch the video HERE.
14 – No
15 – No
16 – No
17 – No
18 – No
19 – No
20 – Yes
21 – No
22 – Yes
23 – No
24 – No
25 – No
- John Garamendi (D) (Incumbent)
- Tamika Hamilton (R) [Endorsed]
- Mike Thompson (D) (Incumbent)
- Scott Giblin (R) [Endorsed]
California State Senator
- Bill Todd (D) (Incumbent)
- Carlos Santamaria (R) [Endorsed]
- Janell Elizabeth Proctor (Republican) [Endorsed]
- Tim Grayson (D) (Incumbent)