Hollywood loves to present distorted, perverted pictures of Christianity to the world.
Again and again, they take Bible stories and twist them into monstrous myths. They mock the Bible and blaspheme God.
And the church too often neglects to speak out against this. In fact, some well-known pastors and Christian celebrities applaud these films.
But not the rock band Stryper. They call out Hollywood for perverting the Bible in a new song called “Big Screen Lies.”
Some of the lies are disgraceful, blatant mockeries. Some are more serious attempts to explain away the truth of the gospel.
Here are some of the current Bible myths promoted by filmmakers:
- God is an evil alcoholic and sexual predator (Family Guy, Robot Chicken)
- Christians are dumb (South Park, The Simpson’s)
- Jesus faked miracles and his crucifixion was sexualized (Family Guy, American Dad)
- Jesus’ blood tastes good (Lil’ Bush)
- Jesus vanished from the cross or was eaten by animals (Jesus: The Complete Story, BBC/Discovery Channel)
- Jesus was drugged to make him appear dead (Jesus: The Complete Story, BBC/Discovery Channel)
To read more, click here.
What do you think? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.