This Election 2020 Sacramento County voter guide will help you cut through the rhetoric, election propaganda and biased media coverage of the campaigns. This guide ranks every aspect of a candidate’s record according to experience, integrity, and commitment to community.
Here you’ll find recommendations for:
- Superior Court Judges
- State Senator
- State Assembly
- City Council
Scroll down for our recommendations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Huey Report for updates on critical issues, trends and policies affecting our freedoms and are impacting our economy, legislation, culture and election results.
Let’s get started.
Ratings: Every candidate is considered after thorough research; we also have a questionnaire for candidates to complete. Here is our rating system:
- : The best candidate. Our strongest endorsement.
- : Very good.
- : Acceptable.
- : Vote only to prevent worse candidate(s) from winning.
- : Terrible. Do Not Vote. All your other votes will count.
Click here for new policy for write-in candidates.
To get an understanding of why we recommend the propositions the way we do, I have created a short video reviewing each proposition and the reasons why we say yes or no, along with some other detail you should find interesting. You can watch the video HERE.
14 vote NO
15 vote NO
16 vote NO
17 vote NO
18 vote NO
19 vote NO
20 vote YES
21 vote NO
22 vote YES
23 vote NO
24 vote NO
25 vote NO
- John Garamendi (D) (Incumbent)
- Tamika Hamilton (R) [Endorsed]
- Doris Matsui (D) (Incumbent)
- Chris Bish (R) [Endorsed]
- Ami Bera (D) (Incumbent)
- Buzz Patterson (R) [Endorsed]
- Jerry McNerney (D) (Incumbent)
- Antonio Amador (R) [Endorsed]
California State Senate
- Pamela Swartz (D)
- Brian Dahle (Incumbent) (R) [Endorsed]
- Bill Dodd (Incumbent) (D)
- Carlos Santamaria (R) [Endorsed]
- Susan Talamantes Eggman (D)
- Jim Ridenour (R) [Endorsed]
California State Assembly
- Jackie Smith (D)
- Kevin Kiley (Incumbent) (R) [Endorsed]
- Kevin McCarty (Incumbent) (D)
- James Just (Libertarian) [Endorsed]
- Ken Cooley (Incumbent) (D)
- Cathy Cook (R) [Endorsed]
- Jim Cooper (Incumbent) (D)
- Eric Rigard (R) [Endorsed]
- Jim Frazier (Incumbent) (D)
- Debra Schwab (R) [Endorsed]