Kenneth Ham, renowned scientist and CEO for Answers in Genesis has listed five dangerous trends in today’s church.
Here they are:
- Watering Down of God’s Word: Churches are accommodating the world’s lies rather than preaching God’s inerrant truth. While congregations are hearing about love and tolerance, what they are really getting is tolerance of sin and death.
- Pressure on Marriage and Sexuality: More churches are caving to the world’s standards on marriage, gender, and sexuality. Rather than respecting these values as eternal gifts from God, more churches are accepting the modern view that these institutions and traits can be changed.
- Pressure on Sanctity of Life: Ham urged church leaders and pastors not to stop the fight for life at all stages.
- Loss of the Young Generation: More young people are leaving the church and embracing the worldly culture instead. Many give up their Christian faith by the time they enroll in college.
- Increase in Liberal Pastors: Many pastors are teaching their flock, including youth, to put man’s ideas ahead of God’s Word. Many church-goers no longer approach issues from a Biblical perspective.
What do you think of these trends? How do we fight back? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org