The Deep State has been resisting allowing religious freedom in the workplace.
You may recall that President Trump issued an executive order called “Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty” in May 2017 – just 4 months after his inauguration. We wrote about this here.
For nearly 2 years, Deep State bureaucrats in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) – who are opposed to the Trump agenda – dragged their feet … stalled … and resisted writing the rules necessary to implement the executive order.
Finally – on the 2019 National Day of Prayer – the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) released final rules to give the executive order the force of law.
In making the announcement, OCR Director Roger Severino said, “Finally, laws prohibiting government-funded discrimination against conscience and religious freedom will be enforced like every other civil rights law.”
“This rule ensures that health care entities and professionals won’t be bullied out of the health care field because they decline to participate in actions that violate their conscience, including the taking of human life,” he added.
The final non-discrimination rules expand the scope of the executive order to include:
- Health care workers in hospitals and nursing care facilities
- Doctors, dentists, insurance carriers, family planning centers
- Social services groups, including elderly care
- Suicide prevention organizations
- Foster care organizations
- Adoption agencies
The final rules were released just days after Bethany Christian Services – an adoption agency in Grand Rapids, MI – announced they would start placing children with LGBT families after having been sued for previously refusing to do so for religious reasons.
Tony Perkins – President of Family Research Council – noted that “President Trump’s efforts reflect a long history in American constitutional law about the morality of conscience rights. Unfortunately, the previous administration had little concern for protecting the conscience rights of doctors, nurses and residents.”
In chapter 4 of my book, The Deep State: 15 Surprising Dangers You Should Know, I talk about the waste and inefficiency – plus the socialist ideology – of the bureaucratic administrative state.
And in chapter 14, I give 8 reasons why the Deep State bureaucracy can’t be reformed or “fixed.”
A review on Amazon would be greatly appreciated.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Media Blackout on the 2019 National Day of Prayer: Surprising Announcements at the White House [Videos]
- A Great Awakening? Government Leaders Go to Their Knees in Prayer in U.S. Capitol Building [Video]
- The Politicization of Business: 4 Shocking Things You Should Know about Blue Shield’s Insults of Christians, Conservatives, and Sensible People
- My Top 4 TV Interviews – in Case You Missed One