Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, the ElectionForum.org has conducted California election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations.
Last election cycle we had about 250,000 voters following our endorsements; many in your district.
Besides conducting a dozen live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to several hundred thousand California voters.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed…Giving you a 1, 2 or 3 thumbs up.
- Not endorsed
- Refused to disclose position
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully giving you our endorsement.
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- To eliminate California’s deficit, do you support
- Raising fees, (If so, which ones?)
- Closing tax loopholes (If so, which ones?)
- Raising income taxes (If so on whom?)
- Raise the sales tax
- Cutting spending (if so, what areas of the budget and by how much?)
- What is your view on Parental consent for a minor to get an abortion?
- Do you agree with AB 32 approach to reducing greenhouse gases in California? Would you keep, suspend or repeal it?
- Do you support or oppose the Covered California healthcare plan for Californians? Why or why not?
- California ranks in the bottom tier of educational excellence in the nation? What should change to increase the education level of our students which are our future workforce?
- Are we spending the right amount on K-12 Education in this state? Community colleges? The California University System?
- Do you agree with the Governor’s realignment program? What would you do differently?
- What solution do you have for the pension issue in California?
- Should taxpayers pay for abortions in California?
- Do you support or oppose the efforts to stop AB1266, the transgender bathroom/gym act?
- What California politician, past or present do you admire most and why?
- Have you signed a “no new tax” pledge? If not, why not?
- Have you signed the Manhattan Declaration? If not, why not?
Please return to [email protected].