The audience was surprised…
This year’s National Day of Prayer celebration began with First Lady Melania Trump reading Aaron’s benediction from Numbers 6:24-26,
“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.”
The theme of this year’s event was “Love One Another” – the command Jesus gave to His disciples in John 13:34-35.
President Trump spoke … followed by Vice President Mike Pence.
Pence made 2 surprising announcements in his comments you haven’t heard before:
- President Trump is one of only 4 presidents in U.S. history who have issued multiple calls to national prayer in a single year.
- President Trump has committed to beginning every cabinet meeting with prayer.
Watch Vice President Pence’s remarks here (5 ¾ minutes).
Watch President Trump’s speech here (47 ½ minutes).
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Despite Deep State Obstruction: Religious Freedom in the Workplace
- A Great Awakening? Government Leaders Go to Their Knees in Prayer in U.S. Capitol Building [Video]
- The Politicization of Business: 4 Shocking Things You Should Know about Blue Shield’s Insults of Christians, Conservatives, and Sensible People
- My Top 4 TV Interviews – in Case You Missed One