The United Nations is anything but united, and the nations who do not abide by or respect human rights are dictating policy and resolutions!
But their latest action was the final insult for Christians, Jews, and freedom-loving people around the world.
Israel was betrayed by the United States as the UN Security Council adopted a resolution condemning the state of Israel for settlements in the West Bank.
This resolution labeled the Western Wall and the Old City of Jerusalem as “Occupied Territory” as well.
This was wrong and shocking.
Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY) and Mike Rogers (R-AL) have submitted legislation to the get the United State out of the United Nations. US Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) have also called for cutting US funding to the UN.
The security council … and its hundreds of agencies … are run by thugs, dictators, socialists, and corrupt regimes. Which nations voted for the Anti-Israel resolution?
Sadly, even Great Britain and New Zealand also voted against Israel.
Here are 6 reasons to defund the United Nations now:
- The United Nations is staunchly anti-Israel. The institution has issued nearly 300 resolutions regarding Israel. Not once has Israel served on the UN Security Council, even though other nations, including Cuba, Egypt, and Venezuela have served on the security council.
But there are other issues:
- Incompetence: The United Nations utterly failed to protect and preserve peace.
- It’s a waste of money.
- The average UN bureaucrat earns $84,000-$115,000 a year, while comparable jobs in the private sector cost half as much.
- The United States gives away millions in foreign aid to countries, which vote against the United States’ interest in the UN. The money often ends up in the Swiss bank account of a rogue dictator or international crimimal.
- Corruption: The UN has neither accountability nor transparency. The corruption is horrific! Here
are a few examples:
- In 2005, Benon Sevan, the former head of the UN’s oil-for-food program in Iraq, took kickbacks to help selected oil companies.
- Alexander Yakovlev, an officer in the UN’s procurement department, took bribes in exchange for confidential bidding information.
- In 2015, John Ashe, the former President of the UN General Assembly, engaged in a $1 million bribery scheme to build a UN conference center in Macau, China. He pocked $800,000 in bribes for himself.
- The Green Climate Fund: The United Nations sends billion to third-word countries who are threatened by “climate change.” Instead most of the money ($1.5 billion to Zimbabwe) goes to the dictators in charge, who uses the money to consolidate power and punish enemies.
- The UN is rampant with hypocrisy:
- The United Nations claims to support children and want to end worldwide child abuse. In 2015, Anders Kompass of the UN Human Rights office. exposed rampant child sex-abuse in the Central African Republic among at least 23UN “peace-keeping” soldiers. Kompass was later suspended by the UN for releasing confidential information. In 2016, Kompass resigned from the UN following the lack of accountability.
- The UN prides itself on protecting human rights, but allows some of the most notorious human rights violators to serve on the UN Security and Human Rights Councils, including Cuba, Tunisia, and even Saudi Arabia.
- The UN asserts its commitment to protecting freedom of speech, but two notable violators for this fundamental right sit on the UN Permanent Security Council: Russia and China.
- And the UN promotes a liberal, anti-American Agenda
- The United Nations has affirmed abortion as a human right
- The UN has pushed for gay marriage around the world, even though such actions violate the international laws that the institution claims to uphold
- The UN actively campaigns to restrict private ownership of firearms while promoting gun control
- The UN has actively sought to criminalize “hate speech”, which is a vague but serious attack on Freedom of Speech
- The UN also holds religious institutions in full contempt, instructing the Catholic Church to give up its opposition to abortion.
The UN pushes an immoral agenda, wastes taxpayer dollars, has consistently resisted and denounced Israel and the United States.
It’s time for the federal government to pull the plug on the United Nations.
Please sign our petition below. Please share this post with readers so that they can sign the petition, too!
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com.