The appearance of evil is corrupting the “special counsel” tasked with investigating “Russian collusion.”
Our country’s top spy agencies have already testified there is no connection with Trump and Russia.
And yet, ever since Hillary Clinton lost the election, the left has been screaming “Collusion, collusion!”
Enter Special Counsel Robert Mueller, appointed after FBI chief James Comey was fired by the President.
His job? To look into whether the President or his team colluded with the Russians or did the President seek to “obstruct justice” by firing Comey.
(For the record, based on a 1973 Department of Justice memo, it is DOJ policy not to go after a sitting President for “obstruction of justice,” whether it is a legitimate cause or not.)
Will this be a fair investigation?
Hardly. Let me give you three reasons why it won’t be.
- Reason No. 1: Corrupt conflict of interest. Mueller is a former FBI chief and close friend and mentor to Comey.
- Reason No. 2: Corrupt unfair leaks. It continues the witch hunt as the Deep State heightens its assault to delegitimize Trump’s Presidency.
- Reason No. 3: Corrupt stacked deck: It should trouble all of us – Democrats, Independents and Republicans — that Mueller is assembling a team of lawyers with loyalty to the Democrats in general, and the Clintons (one actually defended the Clinton Foundation), in particular.
Take a look:
- Anthony Weismann is a prosecutor who’s given a lot of money to Barack Obama and the Democrats.
- Aaron Zebley represented Justin Cooper, a Hillary aide and one of two people with access to Clinton’s clandestine and illegal email server. Cooper helped set it up.
- Perhaps the most questionable addition is Jeannie Rhee, who worked for then Attorney General Eric Holder. She gave $16,000 to the Democrats in the last nine years AND represented Hillary in the lawsuit over her emails. Rhee also defended the Clinton Foundation in a racketeering lawsuit!
This is an impartial investigation?
It smacks more of a Democratic hit squad.
The appointments raise questions about the team’s objectives and impartiality.
What if a Democrat was being investigated and the special counsel loaded his team with all GOP donators? The screaming from the left would be deafening.
Even respected liberal Harvard legal scholar Alan Dershowitz warned, “In a partisan atmosphere like this, you have to be careful not to give the other side the ability to claim prejudice … and I think they have given the other side the ability to claim prejudice.”
Take a look at this powerful and insightful interview with Dershowitz. It’s a little over 4 minutes. You can see it here.
Meanwhile, we as a people, can pray for our president and elected officials.
God’s word has an answer for this rancor in Romans 13:1 … “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”