I strongly disagree with socialist/progressive politics and economics.
Their policies are wrong and destructive.
But they know how to do marketing and messaging … and they are much better at it than Christians, conservatives, and Libertarians are…
The tactics they employ are based on powerful messaging strategies that many entrepreneurs, businesses, marketing directors and company presidents use to increase their customer base and boost profits…
And they are very effective in spreading their messages to a wide audience … and in garnering support for their political positions.
Here are 7 of the powerful strategies of the progressive movement that every Christian or political conservative should know about:
Progressive Lie #1 Assume everyone agrees with the progressive position.
How many times have you heard a politician make the statement that 97% of climate scientists – or just “scientists” in some cases – agree that climate change is real and that it’s caused primarily by human activity?
The assumption is that climate scientists agree with whatever action is being proposed by the politician … and who would dare challenge 97% of scientists?
The problem of course is that the 97% statement is a complete misrepresentation of the facts … but misrepresentation never deters progressives from claiming universal consensus with their political positions.
This is a powerful way of spreading the progressive/socialist mindset to a wider and wider audience.
Progressive Lie #2 Name-calling/Bullying: Labeling those who disagree “uneducated”, “idiots”, “racists”, “haters.”
The marketing of progressive political ideology uses name-calling to try to convince people to keep reading … or mobilizing … or to keep agreeing with the progressive/socialist message ultimately to vote the way they want you to.
No one wants to be called an idiot or a bigot … and no wants to be labeled as “backward” or uneducated.
Such bully tactics are common in the progressive/socialist movement … just consider how the climate change naysayers are treated by the progressive media and politicians…
Progressive Lie #3 Using slogans and clever terminology to frame the debate and issues.
One example of this strategy is how the progressives changed the term “pro-abortion” into “pro-choice” … while those who favor life over abortion were labeled “anti-choice.”
Just like that, the abortionists were described positively … and the pro-life supporters were described negatively.
Those who want to protect the constitutional right to life for the unborn are accused of waging a “war on women.”
Other examples abound:
- The right to abortion is now called the right to “reproductive health services”
- President Trump’s tax reform plan was referred to as “Armageddon”
- Illegal aliens are called “undocumented immigrants”
- Even the term “liberalism” was redefined by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932 … it used to mean “a belief in individual liberty”
- Being on the right side of history
Progressive Lie #4 Demonizing: Slandering opponents.
For the true political enemies of the progressive/socialist movement, name-calling isn’t enough.
They will do whatever it takes to discredit and destroy those who oppose them.
Here are just a few recent examples:
- Billy Graham was slandered after his death by a progressive Teen Vogue columnist because he believes God’s Word in saying that homosexuality is a sin.
- President Trump has been accused of being a sexual predator, misogynist, racist, white supremacist and more.
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes has been accused of ethics violations which required him to step down from his leadership role for 6 months. He was later cleared of all charges.
- Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos has been slandered viciously for advocating parental choice in education.
- Anyone who opposes even criminal then illegal immigration restrictions is automatically labeled a racist by the progressives.
- Christians who love and reach out to everyone, but won’t violate their biblical beliefs and conscience that marriage is between a man and a women are called haters and bigots.
- Ask any candidate standing for liberty and family values. When I ran for office, over 3 million dollars in lies, distortions and slander on TV, mail and digital was used to destroy my reputation, character and family.
Progressive Lie #5 Tell a lie often enough and people will start believing it.
Russia collusion … Russia collusion … Russia collusion …
This is the essence of the progressive/socialist movement…
Choose an event or issue that’s potentially damaging to your opponent…
Make an allegation against your opponent that has little or no basis in fact…
Repeat the allegation over and over and over again for as long as it takes to convince the majority of voters that it must be true.
What do you think? Write me at [email protected]