My wife and I just recently returned from a trip to Washington, D.C.
If you’ve been to Washington, D.C., you know how awesome it is…
If you haven’t been there for a while, it’s well worthwhile to visit … from the Museum of the Bible to the Lincoln Memorial to the halls of Congress…
It is spectacular.
A little-known secret is that throughout the capital, Bible verses from both the Old and New Testaments are engraved everywhere.
There are also quotes and slogans everywhere that glorify the God of the Bible.
However, censorship of anything religious in our nation’s history is very extensive … and very sad.
On all the official tours, Bible verses … biblical references … anyone’s faith in Christ … and anything that deals with God is systematically eliminated.
The tours are secular tours. The federal government pays for these official tours, and their official position is to censor our nation’s history.
I was walking the streets of Washington, D.C. one day and found this inscription on this memorial.
It reads, “Our liberty of worship is not a concession or a privilege but an inherent right.”
How powerful is that?
Just a few of the other Christian images you can see on government buildings that very few people know about include:
- The face of Moses – among 22 other lawgivers from throughout history – looking down on the House of Representatives chamber from the top of the wall. He is the only lawgiver represented with a full face view.
- The prayer service of Christopher Columbus depicted in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol building.
- “America! God shed His grace on thee” inscribed in the Cox corridor of the U.S. Capitol.
- Images of the Ten Commandments are found in many federal buildings across Washington, D. C., including in bronze in the floor of the National Archives.
- A bronze statue of Moses stands in the Main Reading Room of the Library of Congress.
- The Washington Monument contains numerous Bible verses and religious acknowledgements carved on memorial blocks in the walls, including the phrases: “Holiness to the Lord” (Exodus 28:26, 30:30, Isaiah 23:18, Zechariah 14:20), “Search the Scriptures” (John 5:39), and “The memory of the just is blessed” (Proverbs 10:7).
- These words of Thomas Jefferson are carved inside the Jefferson Memorial: “God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever.”
- The Lincoln Memorial contains numerous acknowledgments of God and citations of Bible verses, including the declarations that “we here highly resolve that . . . this nation under God . . . shall not perish from the earth”; “The Almighty has His own purposes. ‘Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh’ (Matthew 18:7)”; “as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said ‘the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether’ (Psalms 19:9)”; “one day every valley shall be exalted and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh see it together.”
On the other hand, taxpayer dollars are used to promote atheism, secularism, paganism, and ideologically-driven LGBTQ philosophy.
One example is the annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. – funded by taxpayer dollars through the National Park Service.
The songs that are sung and the commentary of the performers in between their songs tear down America’s founding values of free enterprise, liberty and responsible self-government … and promote socialistic and communistic ideas instead.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected].
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Twisting Truth for Political Purposes: 9 Shocking Facts Every Christian Should Know about the Mueller Investigation and Testimony [Videos]
- Socialism vs. Free-Market Capitalism: The Deep State Road to Serfdom [My Latest Interview]
- Media Hatred for Christians Knows No Bounds: Hall-of-Fame Yankees Pitcher Attacked for His Christian Faith [Video]
- Gas Prices Skyrocketing: Rip-Off, Conspiracy, … or? [Shocking State-by-State Comparison]
- Separation of Church and State Doesn’t Mean Separation of Religion from Government: Marines Show their Love for Jesus [Video]