Across America, Chick-fil-A is under attack…
Schools, airports and cities are trying to ban the chicken restaurant.
Because its owners, who are Christians, make private donations to pro-life, pro-traditional marriage organizations.
Here are 7 things you should know:
- The assault on Chick-fil-A is an assault on Christians and Christianity.
The cities of San Antonio, Texas and Buffalo, New York have told Chick-fil-A that they can’t open restaurants in their cities’ airports…
In California, Democrat Party officials called for a boycott. On college campuses and in cities, Chick-fil-A is being banned.
The reason? Because the owners of Chick-fil-A support biblical marriage.
San Antonio City Councilman Robert Trevino said, “San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior.”
There’s only one problem with Trevino’s statement: It’s a lie.
Chick-fil-A does not engage in anti-LGBTQ behavior. There hasn’t been a single instance in the 62-year history of the company of an LGBTQ customer or employee alleging discrimination by the restaurant – or by an employee of the restaurant.
What are the objections? Chick-fil-A’s owners made donations to the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and a local youth home in Vidalia, Georgia.
This is the new definition of how “tolerance” is demonstrated by progressive politicians and by LGBTQ activists.
In violation of a company’s constitutionally protected right to support individuals, Chick-fil-A is being punished for supporting Christian organizations – something which has nothing to do with how the company conducts its business.
- Why Chick-fil-A is under attack.
The real reason Chick-fil-A is under attack is because the owners of the company are Christians … and the political socialists in the LGBT community are at war with Christianity.
The superficial reason for the bans against Chick-fil-A is a ThinkProgress report that criticized the owners of the restaurant for their private donations to the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Paul Anderson Youth Home.
All of these groups do great work with love and compassion for all.
- Chick-fil-A serves all people without refusing or discriminating against anyone.
The restaurant has never refused to hire anyone, nor has anyone ever accused it of discriminating against gays or the LGBT community in general.
- The attack by collectivists and socialists is intense.
When they choose a target, they go all out:
- It’s a coordinated attack
- It’s purposeful
- It’s effective
They use petitions. They activate the signers to call and send emails. It’s overwhelming to a City Council or official.
They threaten to picket. They use digital media. A targeted campaign may only cost $1,000 to $2,000. But it looks and feels lid $100,000 to $200,000.
- Here’s what you can do to fight back.
As Christians, we don’t have to stand on the sidelines and watch a company being smeared and falsely accused like this. Here are some things you can do:
- Pray that Chick-fil-A thrives in spite of these attacks.
- Eat at Chick-fil-A.
- Sign a petition of support at your church.
- Help elect candidates who believe in freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression.
- This is a bigger war on Christianity in general.
Christians and their beliefs are under increasing verbal and legal assault everywhere…
We now live in a society in which business owners are facing discrimination for their personal commitment to biblical morality, even when their customers have made no allegations against them.
Here are just 3 other examples of how Christianity is being marginalized … and how Christians are being silenced:
- In Minnesota, the state won’t allow two professional storytellers to tell stories about biblical marriage unless they also tell marriage stories that contradict their religious beliefs.
- In Phoenix, two artists have been forbidden from refusing to create artwork celebrating same-sex marriage … AND they have also been forbidden from publicly expressing their Christian beliefs about marriage.
- In New York, a Christian adoption provider has been told to place children in same-sex households or close its business.
- It’s a war on freedom of religious expression … and it’s a war on the Constitution.
Those who want to ban Chick-fil-A are intolerant and religious bigots. In a free society, you tolerate and respect those you disagree with … while using logical arguments to show the errors of their ideas and the superiority of your own ideas.
You don’t dismiss those you disagree with discriminating against them to silence them.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Under-the-Radar Election Meddling: 7 Things the Deep State Doesn’t Want You to Know about How they Plan to Steal the 2020 Election … Using the Census
- Action Plan: How You Can Help Spread the Word about the Dangers of the Deep State [Free Offer Below]
- Reckless Negligence: The Horrific Death Spiral of Los Angeles and Other Cities Controlled by Socialists [Video]
- Disturbing: Presidential Candidate Booed for Saying “Socialism is not the Answer:” 7 Flawed Socialism Arguments Every American Should Know [Video]
- FreedomFest 2019: The Best Conference of the Year for Conservatives and Libertarians