We should pray every day – “without ceasing” in the words of the apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:17.
But tomorrow – Thursday, May 7th – is a special day of prayer…
It’s the annual National Day of Prayer…
Millions across the nation will take time out of their day to pray for their local communities and government leaders, their front-line medical professionals, the nation … and our national leaders.
The theme of this year’s event is “Pray God’s Glory Across the Earth.”
It comes from Habakkuk 2:14, “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.”
The Presidential Prayer Team will host the National Day of Prayer National Observance Broadcast from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern time on Facebook Live, on GodTV, Daystar, NLC, BrioTV and other outlets.
The program will be co-hosted by Will Graham – grandson of the late Billy Graham – and by National Day of Prayer Task Force President Kathy Branzell.
Pastor Greg Laurie is also hosting a National Day of Prayer program on his Facebook page – along with Pastor Jack Graham – from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Some of the guest speakers will include:
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- Senator Marco Rubio
- Senator Tim Scott
- Joni Eareckson Tada
- Tony Evans
- Jentezen Franklin
- Franklin Graham
- David Jeremiah
- Eric Metaxas
Click here for more information and to join the prayer event.
We have more to pray about this year than ever before.
Instead of worrying about the Coronavirus pandemic, we should be praying…
Philippians 4 tells us, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians 4:6-7, NLT paraphrase)
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Should Christians and Pastors Obey or Disobey Unfair Laws [Romans 13 and Shutting Down Churches]
- How Then Should We Live? Should We Allow the Government to Rescind the First Amendment? Or Should We Declare Independence from Unlawful Government Interference? [Video]
- The Number One Mistake Pastors Make in Online Worship Services
- In a World Filled with Fear and Uncertainty, Our Confidence is this: We Are Still in God’s Hands and His Faithfulness Never Ceases [Video]