Over 50 people were gunned down and killed in Orlando, Florida … and another 50 were badly wounded.
This is the second worst terrorist attack in America, after 9-11.
What we know:
- The gunman Omar Mateen pledged allegiance to ISIS.
- He went to Saudia Arabia twice this year.
- The FBI investigated him twice before, then stopped following him.
We also know about the security job he held, that his fellow employees quit because of his radical Islamic views … and his employers did nothing about him because they did not want to seem discriminatory toward Islam.
Here are the seven things you should know about the terrible massacre at the Florida night club:
- Our hearts ache for those killed and hurt, as well as for their friends and families.
- This massacre attacked a gay night club. It could have been your church. The attack could have happened in an evangelical church. Or Jewish synagogue. This crime could have occurred at Disneyworld or a Tampa Bay baseball game.
- It’s Islamic Terrorism. Not violence. Not crime, and not simply domestic terrorism. The Orlando night club massacre is ISLAMIC terrorism. These Islamic terrorists are full of hate. They kill in order to create fear because to them, the enter Western World is the Great Satan. Sadly, President Obama refused to acknowledge this troublesome truth. Trump immediately called it Islamic terrorism. After calling out Hillary Clinton for not saying what it is, Clinton finally said “Islamic terrorism”, too.
Most of those who identify as LGBT have supported liberal politicians, their organizations and their donors. But now more and more they are realizing the greatest threat worldwide is radical Islam.
Yet those same liberal politicians refuse to acknowledge it.
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) said it well:
“”For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians … This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn’t share their faith or sexual orientation. If you’re a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder.”
- Based on the Koran, we are at war. Islamic extremists base their ideology on the Koran. It’s not logic. It’s not rational. It’s not loving. It’s not peaceful.
Omar Mateen was a Sunni Muslim. He shouted “Allahu Akbar”—Our God is Great, in Arabic—as he killed the helpless victims in the night club.
For killing just one infidel, Mateen’s reward (per the Koran) is Jannah, or paradise. With many more killings, he will get 72 virgins (Houri).
Whether the President accepts it or not, ISIS is at war with the West. It’s a holy war, or “jihad.”
More terrorist attacks will come.
And sadly the liberal response: more political correctness.
- Hillary Clinton, the liberal media, and the progressive left are all calling for gun control.
Reality check: gun control will not stop these attacks. The best way to stop gun massacres is to allow citizens to carry guns to protect themselves.
Imagine if one of the club members had a concealed-carry permit and firearm? The outcome would have been much different.
- We pray for the victims, their families, and friends. The God of all comfort is at work, touching hearts and souls now. I tweeted on Sunday:
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>Pulse Club: my heart is broken…God’s heart is broken…the Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. -Psalm 34:18</p>— Election Forum (@Reality_Alert) <a href=”https://twitter.com/Reality_Alert/status/742049067874816009″>June 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
Even on liberal MSNBC, much of the TV footage focused on Christians, who were praying in a circle.
- The Church is reaching out in love.
Unlike Islam, Christians believe that everyone of us is made in God’s image, possesses intrinsic value.
This verse from the Gospel of John best sums up God’s true nature:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3: 16)
Christians believe that God did this for us, regardless of any choices we have made.
Only because of the love of Christ, touching hearts and minds, do we see so much outreach to Orlando.
Christians are even taking care of funeral and medical costs for the victims.
Calvary Chapel, Orlando is just one of the many churches reaching out. Look at this video and see the Body of Christ in action.
Expect miracles. Expect God to move. Pray to God for revival.
Please contact me if you have any questions on how you can help. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.