Questions continue to abound whether US Senator and Presidential candidate Ted Cruz is eligible to run for President of the United States.
For a politician, doubt is death and truth irrelevant.
But what is the truth?
Who is saying that Ted Cruz is ineligible?
- The liberal media, SNL, and MSNBC
- Donald Trump, his #1 opponent
- Progressive, liberal politicians who know he is a principled conservative
- Establishment Republicans who know that Cruz is principled, not a compromiser on key policies.
The Constitution stipulates the following requirements for someone to become President:
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.
Cruz is 46 years old, has lived in the United States for more than fourteen years.
But is he a natural born citizen?
Here are seven reasons which prove that Ted Cruz is a natural born US citizen, and is eligible to run for President:
- His mother is an American Citizen, born in Delaware.
- The Natural Born Clause was clarified very early in the history of the Republic, which includes a child born to one American Citizen, abroad.
- Former Presidential candidate John McCain was born in the Panama Canal. Former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s father George was born in Mexico. Despite the origin of their births outside of the United States, they both ran for President without questions challenging their citizenship.
- Former US Senator Barry Goldwater was born in the Arizona Territories, yet he ran for President in 1964 without any uproar over his citizenship.
- Ted Cruz never underwent a naturalization process. He did not need to, because he is an American citizen.
- If Ted Cruz were ineligible, so would the first eight Presidents of the United States, since they were born as British citizens.
- Donald Trump never made Cruz’ eligibility an issue, until the US Senator began rising in the polls.
Care to share your thoughts? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org