The American public education system is broken.
Too much bureaucracy. Too little accountability, and no learning for the students.
Government workers get rich, but taxpayers see no return on their investment.
The taxpayers end up paying for:
- Higher wages and benefits for administrators
- Settlements following lawsuits against negligent school districts
- Corrupt bonds and exorbitant projects which have nothing to do with education
But there is hope.
President-Elect Donald Trump has appointed Betsy DeVos to be the next Secretary of Education.
She is a great pick for Department of Education for the following reasons:
- She is the product of a rigorous, private Christian education
- She supporters charter schools
- She has fought for school vouchers and school choice
- She opposes Common Core.
Here are key reforms which she can tackle in the Trump Administration:
- End Common Core. This curriculum is dumbing down our children while indoctrinating them with liberal ideologies.
- Break the Union Grip. Labor unions are frustrating reforms and innovations in education. They also protect bad teachers and fail to defend good ones.
- Restore State and Local Control. Local control over education is a must. The federal government needs to get out of the education business.
- Expand Charter schools. The operate with less of the bureaucracy, yet achieve better results because they are accountable to deliver results, or get shut down.
- Encourage School Choice and Vouchers. Students should not be forced to go to any school just because they live in the same zipcode. Competition and choice will ensure accountability, and force schools to provide a better education for all students. Taxpayer dollars for education should follow the student, not the school.
In order to help reform education, please sign our petition:
Stop Predatory Teachers!
Let me know if you want to help in other ways. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.