Like a perverse Santa Claus, Congress and the President delivered last-minute gifts to America: more spending and debt, plus government-subsidized intrusion into citizens’ daily lives.
Were there any good gifts for American taxpayers? A few:
- No bailouts for insurance companies, as originally required by Obamacare.
- End of the oil export ban on American petroleum.
- Prevents the IRS from formally harassing non-profit groups for their political views.
However, the latest federal budget dumped on the American people lumps of coal.
On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, Congress Gave to Me:
12. Continued funding for President Obama’s “refugee” program, even though federal officials cannot fully vet the immigrants fleeing the Middle East.
11. The Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA), which allows private companies to share cybersecurity information with federal agencies, including the NSA, notwithstanding certain privacy laws.
10. Funding for President Obama’s illegal executive amnesty, both DACA and DAPA.
9. Bailouts for irresponsible countries through the corrupt International Monetary Fund.
8. Funding for the EPA’s overreach into America’s waterways.
7. Defunds Obamacare’s “Cadillac Tax” yet does not bring down the costs of the program.
6. Funding for the Obama Administration’s ongoing war on carbon energy, particularly coal.
5. Reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund, which increases the number of expanded government land-holdings.
4. Four times the H-2B visas, pushing more Americans out of work, replaced by cheap, foreign labor.
3. Massive increases into wasteful solar and wind tax subsidies
2. Funding for Planned Parenthood, despite horrific revelations of organ harvesting in PP clinics.
1. One more year of unrestrained federal spending. The bill busts spending caps agreed upon earlier this year, with a whopping $50 billion and no payment on debt.
One consolation prize: An unprecedented 113 Congressmen, almost entirely Republicans, voted against this spending spree, riddled with illiberal regulations and revenue for Obama’s anti-liberty agenda.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com