At the end of each year, The Daily Caller news service publishes a list of the most blatant fake news stories from the progressive media during the previous year.
Here are some of the most flagrant examples of fake news from 2018:
- 7-year-old migrant girl taken into Border Patrol custody dies of dehydration, exhaustion
This headline from the December 13th The Washington Post suggested that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) was responsible for the girl’s death.
The Washington Post’s daily podcast headline the next day was even worse: “When a 7-year-old dies on Border Patrol’s watch.”
Statements from the girl’s father – who praised border agents – told a completely different story.
- CNN and The Hill spread retracted sexual assault claim against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Both news outlets didn’t mention that the claim had been quickly retracted.
- The New York Times accused UN Ambassador Nikki Haley of purchasing expensive curtains.
The article said, “Nikki Haley’s view of New York is priceless. Her curtains? $52,701.”
Later, The New York Times had to admit the curtains were approved in 2016 – during the Obama presidency – and that Ms. Haley had no say in the matter.
- CNN and MSNBC falsely blamed Never-Trump Republicans for funding the Steele Dossier.
Although Washington Free Beacon founder Paul Singer did pay Fusion GPS for opposition research, he stopped paying Fusion well before they contracted Christopher Steele to create the dossier. That so-called “research” was paid for solely by the DNC and the Clinton campaign.
This falsehood has been repeated so many times that even former FBI director James Comey has made the same claim.
- CNN accused Senator Ted Cruz being “scared” to appear on their network in the wake of the February school shooting in Parkland, Florida.
Sen. Cruz blasted CNN for the falsehood, explaining on Twitter that he had done a 15-minute interview on the network the previous day.
“CNN has aired none of it,” Cruz tweeted.
- The Washington Post ran a story about Brett Kavanaugh with knowingly false information.
The October story suggested that Georgetown Preparatory School was hiring a new employee to deal with the fallout at the school from the Kavanaugh hearings.
The author of the story had been told that the new position was listed well before the Kavanaugh hearings began – and long before the allegations of sexual misconduct were known.
That information contracted the entire premise of the story … and The Washington Post had to issue a correction.
- MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow accused the White House of editing the tape of President Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin.
The Washington Post – not Rachel Maddow – later explained that the reason for the erroneous report was due to a change “between the feed from the reporters and the feed from the translator.”
- The Time Magazine family separation cover in June featured President Trump looking down at a crying Honduran child.
The implication of the cover was that the child had been separated from her mother at the border. But she hadn’t. Her mother – and the border patrol agent who was talking to her – had been edited out of the photo of the crying child.
Later report revealed that:
- The mother wasn’t fleeing violence or persecution in Honduras
- The mother wasn’t seeking asylum in the U.S.
- The mother had been previously deported
- She had left 3 other children behind in Honduras
- She had paid a human smuggler to help her and her daughter reenter the U.S. illegally.
- Several reporters claimed that families weren’t separated at the U.S. – Mexico border during the Obama administration.
But in fact, the photos of children in cages were taken in 2014 – during the Obama administration. And reports from former Obama administration officials also revealed that some families were in fact separated at the border.
To read about the rest of the 32 most flagrant fake news stories of 2018, click here.
I talk about the media’s role of supporting the Deep State in Chapter 12 of my book, The Deep State: 15 Surprising Dangers You Should Know.
If you don’t yet have a copy, you can order it in hardback direct from me – or from Amazon in either hardback or Kindle – by clicking here.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected].
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Disturbing: Murder of Full-Term Unborn Children Legalized [Video]
- Shocker: Google Using Hate Group List to Censor Content [Petition]
- Shocking and Disturbing: 63% of Americans Don’t Trust Pastors
- Fake News from the UN: Worst Nation for Human Rights Abuse in 2018 [Petition]
- “Out of Balance” Biblical Views: Even Christian Leaders Are Susceptible [Video]