I recently participated in The Salt & Light Council’s online lecture series hosted by Dran Reese.
I gave a talk and slide presentation on how to vote your values … and on how Christians could transform their local politics – and our national politics – if they would vote in every election … and vote for candidates who share their Christian values.
There are over 80 million eligible voters in the U.S. who identify themselves as born-again Christians…
Yet between 35% and 46% of them are not registered to vote … and between 45% and 55% don’t vote.
In the 2016 presidential election, 52% of eligible Christian voters didn’t bother to vote!
Here are a few of the reasons Christians give for not voting. See if you’ve ever used one of them to rationalize skipping an election:
- There aren’t any candidates that share my values.
- I don’t want to have to choose between “the lesser of two evils.”
- Politics is inherently corrupt … I don’t want to have anything to do with it.
- My vote won’t matter … there’s no point in voting when all the conservative candidates are going to lose anyway.
- America is under God’s judgment – why “polish the brass on a sinking ship?”
- We’re living in the end times in which the Bible predicts things will go from bad to worse before the Lord’s return. I want the Lord to return soon, so I’m not going to do anything to hinder or delay His return, Besides, it’s futile to “polish the brass on a sinking ship.”
Satan plays all kinds of games and tricks in the minds of Christians to try to keep them from applying their faith in their daily lives…
He wants to have free reign in the world … including politics.
But Jesus wants His followers to “Occupy [Do business] till I come.” (Luke 19:13)
If you live in California, Shelly and I are starting to host our Election Forum, so you can vote FOR, not AGAINST your values in the November midterm election.
Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the list of churches where we’ve been invited to speak.
The top section of the page is our current schedule of speaking engagements.
If your church isn’t listed, call us at 310-212-5727 and we will be happy to talk to your pastor about coming to your church.
In the election forums, I talk about the candidates, judges and propositions. I also talk about:
- What constitutes a Christian worldview
- How to vote based on biblical principles and values
- The hope we can have when our world is turned upside down
- The hope we have for revival in America
This will help transform your fellowship … and can impact the upcoming November election.
Between now and the election, dates will fill up fast … so please call today.
Here’s the video of my talk at The Salt & Light Council about how Christians can transform our politics and culture (about 36 minutes):
What do you think? Write me at [email protected]