From working together in a Starbucks coffee shop in Mesquite, Texas – and singing to customers – co-founders of The Afters Joshua Havens and Matt Fuqua now write and sing great worship songs.
Now on their 6th album, Fear No More, comes a song encouraging people suffering from anxiety and depression to find refuge, peace and comfort in the “all-consuming goodness of God.”
Every anxious thought that steals my breath,
It’s a heavy weight upon my chest.
As I lie awake and wonder what the future will hold,
Help me to remember that You’re in control.
You’re my courage when I worry in the dead of night;
You’re my strength ‘cause I’m not strong enough to win this fight.
You are greater than the battle raging in my mind.
I will trust You, Lord. I will fear no more.
The lyrics are autobiographical of the struggles with anxiety and depression that Josh Havens went through as a teenager.
What a gift God has given him of putting his anxious thoughts – his self-talk and his prayers – into music to encourage us all.
Listen to the lyrics and melody of “I Will Fear No More.”
And be reminded of Philippians 4:6-7, “Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and mind in Christ Jesus.”
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Faith Under Fire: Star Quarterback Labeled Hypocrite and Bigot for Supporting Focus on the Family [Videos and Petition]
- “It’s Like a War Zone:” Churches and Christians First to Help Hurricane Dorian Victims in the Bahamas [Audio]
- Censorship: How Big Tech Censors Conservative, Libertarian and Christian Ideas [Videos]
- Help Me Expose the Deep State to More People: Here’s How You Can Help
- Your Freedom is at Stake in the 2020 Election: What You Can Do to Help Preserve it