This Election 2020 Contra Costa County voter guide will help you cut through the rhetoric, election propaganda and biased media coverage of the campaigns. This guide ranks every aspect of a candidate’s record according to experience, integrity, and commitment to community.
Here you’ll find recommendations for:
- Superior Court Judges
- State Senator
- Assembly Men
- City Council
Scroll down for our recommendations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Huey Report for updates on critical issues, trends and policies affecting our freedoms and are impacting our economy, legislation, culture and election results.
Let’s get started.
Ratings: Every candidate is considered after thorough research; we also have a questionnaire for candidates to complete. Here is our rating system:
- : The best candidate. Our strongest endorsement.
- : Very good.
- : Acceptable.
- : Vote only to prevent worse candidate(s) from winning.
- : Terrible. Do Not Vote. All your other votes will count.
Click here for new policy for write-in candidates.
2020 Presidential Election Recommendations
(View official election schedule here)
- Joe Biden(D)
- Elizabeth Warren (D)
- Bernie Sanders (D)
- Pete Buttigieg (D)
- Tom Steyer (D)
- Mike Bloomberg (D)
- Donald Trump (R) [Endorsed]
- Governor William F. Weld (R)
Proposition 13 = Vote “no”
The school and college facilities bond
2/3 vote of the Assembly and State Senate.
Legislature Analyst: We estimate the cost to pay off the bonds would a total $26 billion – $15 billion for the principal plus $11 billion for the interest!
California Superior Court Judges
- Suzanne M. Fenstermacher (Incumbent)
- Pezhman Pakneshan
U.S. House of Representatives
- Jerry McNerney (D) (Incumbent)
- Antonio Amador (R)
- William Martinek (R)
- Eric Swalwell (D) (Incumbent)
- Sam Campbell (D)
- Don Grundmann (C)
- Alison Hayden (R)
- Austin Intal (D)
- Peter Liu (R)
California State Senate
- Nancy Skinner (D) (Incumbent) Uncontested
- Jim Frazier (D (Incumbent) Uncontested