Worship music and lyrics have a powerful therapeutic effect – especially during difficult circumstances.
Shelly and I experienced this after the gang shooting of one of our kids.
And one of my employees experienced the power of worship music first-hand after his parents and younger brother were killed in a plane crash many years ago … when the employee was 22 years old.
Listening to worship music comforted and soothed his aching heart … and muted the agony and grief of the sudden and unexpected tragedy.
Maybe you are going through a difficult and trying time in your own life right now…
The powerful lyrics and background chords of “Do It Again” by Elevation Worship are another example of a worship song that reminds us of great doctrinal truths – the sovereignty and the faithfulness of God.
Here are some of those lyrics:
Your promise still stands
Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness
I’m still in Your hands
This is my confidence, You’ve never failed me yet.
I know the night won’t last
Your Word will come to pass
My heart will sing Your praise again
Jesus, You’re still enough
Keep me within Your love
My heart will sing Your praise again…
I’ve seen You move, You move the mountains
And I believe I’ll see You do it again.
You made a way where there was no way
And I believe I’ll see You do it again…
The greatest mountains are the mountains of doubt and unbelief and rebellion in the hearts of people…
And God is able to move those mountains and bring people from their unbelief to faith and trust in Christ.
Watch the official lyric video for “Do It Again” (6 ½ minutes)
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Kanye West Stuns 15,000+ at Houston Megachurch by Saying Christ Is the Only Way of Salvation: 7 Surprising Facts Every Christian Should Know [Videos]
- Multiplying Your Message: 13 Response-Boosting Strategies You Can Use on Facebook Right Now
- How to Preserve Religious Liberty in 2020: Watch Our FREE Webinar for Pastors and Church Leaders
- Truth or Deception? Be Careful How You Speak in Email and on Social Media [Videos]
- Adoption Is Awesome [Videos]
- Do Your Part to Preserve Religious Liberty in the 2020 Elections: Vote for Judges Who Share Your Values