Historic … and sweeping change in our society as Obama and his attorney general Loretta Lynch want to force every government school in America to abide by their moral and ethical standards.
They claim that their new public school transgender bathroom policy will ensure that every student is comfortable at school. But only 0.3% of the population identifies as transgender. What about the vast majority of students who will be affected by this disturbing policy? What about the civil rights of other students? Won’t single us bathrooms and stalls suffice?
The federal government is imposing its will (again) by executive fiat, bypassing parents, school boards, or our constitutional government of checks and balances.
If you are a Christian, Obama defines you as a bigot.
If you support common sense, that a male should not be showering with a female, or a female should not be in a boy’s bathroom … you’re intolerant and insensitive.
Forget common sense.
Forget privacy for the vast majority.
About Obama’s perverse bathroom and shower dictates, here are five things that you need to know about the President’s latest executive overreach.
- This is a further extension of the liberal agenda to transform our schools.
- This move ignores the rights of local schools and states
- This ignores the needs of the majority of kids, who also need to feel safe in their schools.
- This orders carries a veiled threat to withhold federal funding from schools which do not comply with this transgender policy.
- Christian parents and pastors with common sense should enroll their children in private schools or homeschool them.
What should Christians do in the face of this progressive/secular onslaught?
We are called to obey the governing authorities over us (1 Peter 2: 17), but more importantly our allegiance is to God.
When the religious authorities told the Apostle Peter not to preach in Jesus’ name, he answered:
“Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.” (Acts 5: 29)
If we suffer for obeying Him, we should rejoice, not retreat (Acts 5: 41), be salt and light in a dark world, to stand up to the forces of darkness by speaking the truth in love.
Tell me your thoughts. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.