Over 2,400 liberal faith leaders have requested a meeting with President Trump since his inauguration.
Among their numbers are included:
- James Forbes of the “Healing of the Nations Ministries”
- Traci Blackmon, the executive minister for the United Church of Christ
- Katherine Henderson of Auburn Seminary
- Imam Tahir Kukiqi of the Albanian Islamic Center of New York City
- Lisa Sharon Harper, chief engagement officer for the progressive Christian group Sojourners
In their letter to the President, these liberal religious leaders claim that Donald Trump:
- Doesn’t care about the poor
- Ignores the needs of workers
- Will not do what is best for country
- Will abuse women and minorities
Yet Trump’s policies are already bringing back jobs and improving the economy. Women have thrived and prospered in his companies, and his agenda is all about helping all Americans.
Here are a few verses to meditate on:
Matthew 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Matthew 7:21–23 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Matthew 24:4-5 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray
What do you think of this request for a meeting with President Trump? Email me at [email protected].