Where President Trump stands and where Joe Biden stands on the issue of abortion is critical to voters.
In this election, here are 6 things you should know:
- Complete Opposite Positions. This election is turning out to be a fight between President Trump – who has been the most pro-life, anti-abortion president in the United States – versus Joe Biden – who will be the most pro-abortion president ever.
- Taxpayer Support of Abortion. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are in support of taxpayer funded abortion. President Trump and Mike Pence are opposed.
- Partial Birth Abortion. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are for late-term, partial birth abortion. Donald Trump and Mike Pence oppose partial birth abortion.
- Global Support of Abortion. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris support using taxpayer funds to actively promote abortion worldwide. President Trump and Mike Pence are opposed.
- Saving Babies Born Alive. Many states such as New York and Virginia have a bill to allow a baby to die if an abortion goes wrong and the baby is still alive following the procedure. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris support this. President Trump and Mike Pence oppose.
- Pence vs. Harris Differences are Polar Opposite – and Matter. The Vice President pick is critical because both President Trump and Joe Biden are in their 70s.
Mike Pence is an evangelical Christian who has opposed abortion for his entire career. During the vice presidential debate, Pence drew controversy when he said, “Joe Biden and Kamala Harris support taxpayer funding of abortion all the way up until the moment of birth – late-term abortion.”
Kamala Harris is the most pro-abortion Senator in the United States Senate. As the Attorney General of California, she prosecuted the underground filmmaker who exposed Planned Parenthood aborted selling body parts. She has been a co-sponsor of a bill that would have prevented the Born Alive Act. Her bill would stop any efforts to save an aborted baby that was born alive.
The abortion issue is a moral issue. It’s a “non-negotiable” issue for Christians. It is based on the biblical worldview as expressed in Psalm 139:13-16…
For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful; I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
For a visual comparison of the candidates, please see below:
|Joe Biden||Donald Trump|
|Taxpayer Funding of Abortion||Yes||No|
|Supports Born Alive Babies Act||No||Yes|
|Partial Birth Abortion||Yes||No|
Finally, let me say for those who struggle with the issue of abortion, I can understand.
That is where doing the right thing is more important than the convenient thing. This is where, as Christians, we need to promote life and promote adoption.
And, as Christians, we need to promote forgiveness.
There are so many Christians, for a variety of reasons, who have gotten an abortion.
It does not make it right.
However, the love, mercy and grace of God are powerful.
As Christians, we cannot compromise on this issue.
In my book, The Christian Voter: 7 Non-Negotiables for Voting For, Not Against, Your Values, I outline in Chapter 9 “Non-Negotiable #2: Protecting the Unborn.”
Please read this chapter carefully.
You can get the book in four different ways:
- To get 20% off of “The Christian Voter: 7 Non-Negotiables for Voting For, Not Against, Your Values,” click here.
- If you would like to order from Amazon, click here.
- Call 615-814-9333 to purchase a copy of the book.
- You can also send a check for $20 to:
1313 4th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37208
Let me know what you think. Email me at Craig@ElectionForum.org.