If you are not a New York Yankees fan – or a fan of whatever team is playing against the Yankees – you may not have ever heard of Mariano Rivera.
He is arguably the most successful “closer” – the designation of the relief pitcher who pitches the last inning of a game – in baseball history.
He was born in Panama in 1969 … and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2015 – 2 years after he retired from major league baseball.
On the day Rivera was unanimously inducted into the Hall of Fame, a freelance journalist from New York published an op-ed in the Daily Beast that was highly critical of Rivera’s political and Christian beliefs.
The writer said Rivera “has taken part in thinly veiled propaganda on behalf of a far-right government in Israel, and gotten chummy with outright bigots and apocalyptic loons.”
He was also criticized for supporting President Trump.
Rivera – who founded Refugio de Esperanza (Refuge of Hope) church in New York shortly after retiring from the New York Yankees – answered his critic in a very powerful and loving way…
Hear his response in his interview with Fox & Friends after his induction into the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, Ohio (7 ½ minutes).
What do you think? Email me at email@example.com
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Twisting Truth for Political Purposes: 9 Shocking Facts Every Christian Should Know about the Mueller Investigation and Testimony [Videos]
- Socialism vs. Free-Market Capitalism: The Deep State Road to Serfdom [My Latest Interview]
- Strategy of Deception: Changing History by Omission
- Gas Prices Skyrocketing: Rip-Off, Conspiracy, … or? [Shocking State-by-State Comparison]
- Separation of Church and State Doesn’t Mean Separation of Religion from Government: Marines Show their Love for Jesus [Video]