They are risking arrest, imprisonment, torture and execution at the hands of the communist government of China…
A group of 344 Chinese pastors – with the number growing daily – have signed a public joint statement titled “A Declaration of the Christian Faith.”
Meanwhile, government departments in charge of religion continue to clamp down on Christianity and other faiths as they enforce the “Regulations on Religious Affairs” that went into effect earlier this year.
Communist government officials are:
- Raiding church services
- Arresting and beating church members and pastors
- Destroying places of worship
- Burning Bibles and crosses
- Imprisoning pastors
- Attempting to force Christians to sign papers renouncing their faith
- Threatening expulsion from school or loss of welfare benefits
- Demanding pledges of loyalty to the atheist Communist Party
The Regulations on Religious Affairs prohibit:
- Publication of religious materials without government approval
- The study of theology without government permission
- Religious services in any location other than a recognized church building for which a permit has been granted
The Declaration of the Christian Faith boldly states:
“We are a group of Chinese Christians, chosen by the Most High God to be His humble servants, serving as pastors for Christian churches throughout various towns and cities…
“We believe and are obligated to teach the world that the one true and living Triune God is the Creator of the universe, of the world, and of all people. All men should worship God and not any man or thing.”
Speaking directly to atheistic President Xi Jinping and the Communist Party leaders, the statement continues:
“We believe and are obligated to teach the world that all men, from national leaders to beggars and prisoners, have sinned. They will die once and then be judged in righteousness. Apart from the grace and redemption of God, all men would eternally perish. We believe and are obligated to teach the world that the crucified and risen Jesus is the only Head of the global church, the sole Savior of all mankind, and the everlasting Ruler and supreme Judge of the universe. To all who repent and believe in Him, God will give eternal life and an eternal kingdom.”
The joint statement makes 4 declarations to the government regarding the Christian churches in China:
- Christian churches in China believe unconditionally that the Bible is the Word and Revelation of God.
- Christian churches in China are eager and determined to walk the path of the cross of Christ and are more than willing to imitate the older generation of saints who suffered and were martyred for their faith.
- Christian churches in China are willing to obey authorities in China whom God has appointed and to respect the government’s authority to govern society and human conduct.
- For this reason, we believe and are obligated to teach all believers that all true churches in China that belong to Christ must hold to the principle of the separation of church and state and must proclaim Christ as the sole head of the church.
The statement ends with the names of the pastors who have signed it … along with these words:
“We also will not accept any “ban” or “fine” imposed on our churches due to our faith. For the sake of the gospel, we are prepared to bear all losses – even the loss of our freedom and our lives.”
The persecution of Christians and other faiths by the Chinese government has the attention of the Trump administration and the U.S. government…
Representative Chris Smith (R-NJ) – chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organizations – said, “…a strong U.S. response and leadership is needed to confront this evil because Beijing’s external aggression emanates from its internal repression.”
Please pray for the Chinese pastors who have literally put their lives at risk by standing up to the Communist Chinese Government and resisting the government’s takeover of all religious activity.
Pray for their safety and protection…
And pray for the U.S. government, that we will demand that the Chinese government grant religious freedom for all faiths within China, and end the religious persecution and repression.
Watch this video report of the persecution of Christians in China this year (3 ½ minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEvzssLw68o
What do you think? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org