Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, the ElectionForum.org has conducted California election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations.
Last election cycle we had about 250,000 voters following our endorsements; many in your district.
Besides conducting a dozen live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to several hundred thousand California voters.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed…Giving you a 1, 2 or 3 thumbs up.
- Not endorsed
- Refused to disclose position
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully giving you our endorsement.
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- What is the proper role of the federal government in the economy?
- What is your view on abortion? Should it be regulated by the states or by the federal government?
- How would you reduce the federal deficit?
- Do you support Obamacare? Should it be repealed or kept?
- Do Americans pay too much, too little or just the right amount on Federal Taxes? What would you do about it?
- Should Congress address the high cost of gasoline in America? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you support more drilling for oil, offshore and/ or on land?
- What federal politician do you admire most and why?
- Should “Under God” be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance and/or “In God We Trust” be removed from our currency by an Act of Congress? Why or why not?
- Should the minimum wage be raised?
- What is your position on Congressional earmarks? If elected, what principles will you use to decide whether to vote for them? Will you seek them for your congressional district, if elected? What criteria will you use?
- Should the federal government do anything to support the value of the dollar on the world market? Why or why not? Should we modify any of our free trade agreements? Why or why not? Should we seek more free trade agreements?
- Have you signed a “no new tax” pledge?
- Have you signed the Manhattan Declaration?
Please return to firstname.lastname@example.org