Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, the ElectionForum.org has conducted California election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations.
Last election cycle we had about 1 million voters following our endorsements, many in your district.
Besides conducting a dozen live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to several hundred thousand California voters.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed…Giving you a 1 to 5 star rating
- Not endorsed
- Refused to disclose position
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully giving you our endorsement.
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- What are the 3 most pressing issues facing your district or city? Please prioritize them. What if anything do you plan to do about them if you are elected? What specific promises will you make to the voters in order to be elected? What will be your primary focus if elected to office?
- Gang violence is a major problem in many areas. Many gangs, such as Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13), reach out from the inner city into what are generally thought to be safe neighborhoods. What can you do to create safer communities and reduce the risk of gang violence?
- Terrorist attacks and disasters, natural or otherwise, can strike at any time. Is your district properly equipped, trained and prepared to handle these extraordinary emergency situations? If not, what should the city do to prepare for them? Should the state and/or federal government be responsible for responding and/or picking up the cost of any of them?
- What can be done to create new business and encourage existing business to expand and attract more companies with their tax base and employees?
- Do you support efforts to limit “big box” store expansion within your city?
- Do you support or oppose a living wage ordinance for employees and projects? Why or why not?
- Should your district reduce the cost of services by contracting out or privatizing government services such as street sweeping and garbage collection and professional services such as engineering and information technology services? Why or why not?
- Should taxes be raised, lowered or remain the same? What about fees?
- Did you support or oppose eminent domain for city projects or redevelopment? Why or why not?
- Who is your political role model or the politician you most admire? Why?
- Would you vote for or against displaying our National Motto “in God we trust” in the city council chambers?
- How would you handle the city’s pension issues?
- Do you support or oppose your city being a “sanctuary city”? Do you believe your city should opt out of the state position similar to Los Alamitos?
Please return to [email protected].