Heaven forbid anyone has the audacity to open a Bible on White House property!
In it’s never-ending campaign to attack those who desire to freely express their religious faith, the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) is suing the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)…
They are joined by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW).
The lawsuit is over Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for information about the Bible study.
It’s a frivolous lawsuit because the Bible study has nothing to do with HUD operations or activities.
The weekly Bible study:
- Is for cabinet secretaries only … agency employees aren’t permitted to attend
- The leader of the study is Ralph Drollinger – founder of Capitol Ministries and not a government employee
- The materials used in the study – apart from the Bible – are accessible on the Capitol Ministries web site, www.capmin.org
Cabinet secretaries who regularly attend the Bible study are:
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry
- CIA Director Mike Pompeo
One might wonder why the FFRF and CREW sued HUD rather than one of the other cabinet departments…
What do you think? Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org