Its one of the most shocking votes in the history of Congress.
Senate Democrats voted against common-sense legislation requiring that babies who survive attempted abortion must receive medical care to keep them alive.
These are newborn babies who are outside the womb and viable.
This is infanticide.
The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act needed 60 votes out of 100.
The vote was 53-44 … 7 votes short of the required 60%.
The Act, if passed, would have required health care practitioners, following a botched abortion that results in the live birth of an infant, to exercise the same degree of professional skill and care to protect the newborn as would be offered to any other child born alive at the same gestational age.
The bill did nothing to limit abortion. All the bill would have done was make sure those born alive wouldn’t be killed.
The Democrats voted no – including 7 presidential candidates:
- Bernie Sanders of Vermont
- Kamala Harris of California
- Cory Booker of New Jersey
- Kristen Gillibrand of New York
- Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota
- Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE), the bill’s sponsor, expressed disgust over his colleagues’ failure to value and protect life:
“This is about the most simple thing you can say, which is that a baby is a baby, and they have dignity and worth,” Sasse said. “And it’s not because they’re powerful. It’s because they’re babies. Today is a sad day in the United States Senate.”
The reason Senator Sasse introduced this bill is because Virginia Governor Ralph Northam (D) endorsed infanticide saying a born alive baby would be made to “feel comfortable,” but could then be killed if the parents intended their baby to be aborted.
Watch this 6-minute video of Ben Sasse, the author of the bill, discussing its defeat with Fox News host Martha MacCallum.
Also watch this debate on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act hosted by Fox News’ Shannon Bream.
What do you think? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- Astonishing Revelations: Final 6 of 12 Shocking Deep State Coup d’Etat Actions Intended to Remove President Trump from Office [Videos]
- 2020 Presidential Election Poll: Vote to Make Your Voice Heard
- Franklin Graham Outsmarts Biased MSNBC News Commentator [Video]
- You Really CAN Make a Difference in this Critical Turning Point in American History
- Did You Miss My Free Midterm Election Webinar? Watch the Replay Now